Serving families and fishermen since 1926. Since opening in 1926, Knoepfli Inn has had three owners, The Pagets who built the Inn and most of the buildings on the property. The Paget family operated the Inn until 1947, when Lorne Thompson and his family took over and operated the Inn until the end of 1971 summer season. From that point on, the Kolman family has continued to run the Inn in the old traditional manner. The year 2021 is the 50th season in the Kolman family and the current owner, Bea Kolman has been there all 50 years.
History of Knoepfli Inn.
The Knoepfli Farmhouse
Jacob and Elizabeth Knoepfli, a German Swiss couple located on Lot 13 Con.8 Croft Township on March 24, 1888. The Knoepflis lived in a house now referred to as the Farmhouse, which still stands today across from the main lodge of Knoepfli Inn. The upper level of this building has two self-contained rooms which are rented out today. When Pagets built the Inn they named it after the Knoepflis and the Knoepfli Rapids which border one side of property.
Knoepfli Inn 1926
Alfred Paget part owner of the Croft Lumber Co. built Knoepfli Inn in 1925/1926. The Pagets operated Knoepfli Inn from 1926 until 1947, when they sold it to Lorne Thompson.
Knoepfli Inn in the 1940s
Knoepfli Inn was operated by Lorne Thompson and his family from 1947 to 1971.
The Inn was run as a seasonal business and the Thompsons would winter in their hometown of Kitchener where they lived after selling the Inn.